Designsoul hosts this blog to reflect and give advice on product development activities.
Designsoul hosts this blog to serve as a collection of inspirational material.
Beyond the Beyond
Blog of Bruce Sterling, entertaining American science- and design-fiction writer.
An interesting collection of projects and writings revolving around the notion that the dichotomy between culture and nature is dissolving.
Combines both the glamorous and the technical side of industrial design.
Great blog about the evolution of consciousness, as treated by a wide range of writers in topics such as lifestyle, psychology, art, and technology.
Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Beck, D. and Cowan, C. (1996). Spiral Dynamics: Mastering Values, Leadership, and Change. Blackwell Science, Inc.
Helpful guide for understanding changes in cultural values.
- Breuer, S. (2012). Blue is the New Black. The 10 Step Guide to Developing and Producing a Fashion Collection. Amsterdam, The Netherlands: BIS Publishers.
- Dorst, K. (2003). Understanding Design: 150 Reflections on Being a Designer. The Netherlands: Utrecht: BIS Publishers.
- IDEO.org (2015). The Field Guide to Human-Centered Design. Link
- Norman, D.A. (1988). The Design of Everyday Things. London, UK: The MIT Press.
Donald Norman makes a great case explaining the importance of bridging product and interaction design.
- Ries, E. (2011). The Lean Startup. How Today's Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses. New York, USA: Crown Business.
- Anderson, C. (2012). Makers - The New Industrial Revolution. New York, USA: Crown Business.
- Lipson, H. and Kurman, M. (2013). Fabricated: The New World of 3D Printing. Indianapolis, USA: John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Spuybroek, L. (2011). Textile Tectonics. The Netherlands: Rotterdam: NAi Publishers.
In-depth analysis of parametric design and parallels with historical art movements.
Art & Inspiration
- Haeckel, E. (1899). Kunstformen der Natur. Leipzig, Germany: Bibliographisches Institut.
- Murakami, H. Kafka on the Shore. Great tale that stimulates the imagination.
- McCloud, S. (1993). Understanding Comics. USA: New York: Kitchen Sink Press.